Tuesday, June 7

NYC Garment District, the place to start.



New York City is planning for the future of the Garment District, the heart of American fashion. This could transform the fashion industry and Midtown Manhattan and the Garment District is fighting back. 

The cluster of fashion-related businesses in the Garment District creates a district-wide incubator that supports startups and entrepreneurs -- no other fashion capital supports this kind of outsourced infrastructure. Learn more at madeinmidtown.org


“All my resources are here.  It would only make sense for a designer who’s very hands-on to be in the midst of where it all takes place. This is where the magic happens.” - Jason Wu.

“I couldn’t have started my business if it wasn’t for the New York City Garment District. If you start out like I did, out of my apartment, I could sell 20 of something.  I would go see the buyer at Barneys every month and show her a new dress, and she’d order 50.  And I could take it to a factory around the corner.” - Nanette Lepore.


Watch more videos at vimeo.com/designtrust

No comments:

Post a Comment