Tuesday, October 11

Karl Lagerfeld & his Crystals for Orrefors




After designing Coca-Cola bottles, the restless Karl Lagerfeld now is creating his first line of crystal products with Orrefors of Sweden. Always with paper and pencil at hand to draws whatever comes to his mind at any given moment. Learn more at orrefors.com/karllagerfeld Read my previous post about Lagerferld's collaboration with Ruby Helmets at ellauniverse.ruby-helmets



“I am a black-and-white person. Some grays, some dirty pinks, not flashy pinks. I have never been obsessed with color, I cannot explain why. I wanted to become an illustrator as a child. Black-and-white always looks modern, whatever that word means.”_ Karl Lagerfeld, discussing his new collection of glassware for Orrefors, in an interview published in Architectural Digest October 2011.


“What I enjoy the most 
is doing something 
I've never done before".


1 comment:

  1. Fascinating! I love hearing about the process! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete